Ram Chandra Datta
B.Calcutta October 30 1851. d. January 17, 1899.
In 1883, he bought a Garden House at ‘Kankurgachi.’ He named it, “Yogodyana”. Ramakrishna visited that place on 26 December 1883.
After Sri Ramakrishna's passing away, part of his relics were installed at the Kankurgachi Yogodyana on Janmashtami, (August 23, 1886.)
Ram Chandra Datta was the first to publish a biography of Ramakrishna, and first to build a temple for him.
- www.vivekananda.net edited by Frank Parlato Jr.