Six Sanskrit Mottoes
(Reproduced from Swami Vivekananda in America: New Discoveries. These
together with the English translations, were transcribed by Swamiji in six
of his photographs.)
1. Ajarâmaravat prâjnah vidyâm
When in search of knowledge or prosperity think that thou would never have
death or disease, and when worshipping God think that death's hand is in
2. Eka eve suhrid dharma
Virtue is the only friend which follows us even beyond the grave.
3. One infinite pure and holy — beyond
4. Samatâ sarva-bhuteshu etanmuktasya lakshanam.
Equality in all beings this is the sign of the free
5. Thou art the only treasure in this world
6. Thou art the father the lord the
- www.vivekananda.net edited by Frank Parlato Jr.